Zelophehad (zēlŏfˈēhăd) [key], in the Bible, Manassite who had no sons and whose daughters received his inheritance, thus establishing a legal precedent.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Zelophehad from Infoplease:
- Hoglah - Hoglah Hoglah , in the Bible, daughter and coheiress of Zelophehad.
- Mahlah - Mahlah Mahlah , in the Bible, daughter and coheiress of Zelophehad.
- Milcah - Milcah Milcah , in the Bible. 1. Wife of Abraham's brother Nahor. 2. Daughter and coheiress of ...
- Tirzah - Tirzah Tirzah , in the Bible. 1. Daughter and coheiress of Zelophehad. 2. City, ancient Palestine, ...
- Numbers: 36 - And the chief fathers of the families of…