Zachariah (zăkˌərĪˈə) [key] [Heb., = Zechariah], in the Bible, king of Israel, son and successor of Jeroboam II. After ruling six months he was murdered by Shallum, who seized the throne.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Zachariah from Infoplease:
- Zachariah - Synopsis, rating, and other information
- Zachariah: meaning and definitions - Zachariah: Definition and Pronunciation
- James Zachariah George - George, James Zachariah George, James Zachariah, 1826–97, American jurist and legislator, b. ...
- Romulus Zachariah LINNEY - Romulus Zachariah LINNEY (1841-1910) LINNEY, Romulus Zachariah, a Representative from North ...
- James Zachariah GEORGE - James Zachariah GEORGE (1826-1897) Senate Years of Service: 1881-1897 Party: Democrat GEORGE, James ...