Zabad (zāˈbăd) [key], in the Bible. 1, 2 Two of David's chief men. They are perhaps the same person; Zabud may be also. 3 Ephraimite. 4 See Jozachar. 5, 6, 7 Israelites who had married foreign wives.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Zabad from Infoplease:
- Jozachar - Jozachar Jozachar , in the Bible, murderer of Joash. He is also called Zabad.
- Zabud - Zabud Zabud , in the Bible, priest under Solomon, perhaps the same as Zabad 1 or 2.
- Ezra: 10 - Now when Ezra had prayed, and when he had…
- 1 Chronicles: 2 - These are the sons of Israel; Reuben, Simeon…
- 2 Chronicles: 24 - Joash was seven years old when he began to reign…