Taillefer (tĪəfĕrˈ) [key], fl. 1066, Norman warrior and trouvère. According to medieval chronicles and evidence in the Bayeux Tapestry, he led the Norman army at Hastings into battle, singing of Roland at Roncesvalles; he was killed in the conflict.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Taillefer from Infoplease:
- Ludwig Uhland - Uhland, Ludwig Uhland, Ludwig , 1787–1862, German poet, leader of the Swabian group. He ...
- Song of Roland - Song of Roland the renowned nephew of Charlemagne, slain in the pass of Roncesvalles. At the battle ...
- Eugenio (1999) - Synopsis, rating, and other information
- Roland - Roland Roland , the great French hero of the medieval Charlemagne cycle of chansons de geste, ...
- Encyclopedia: French History: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning French History: Biographies.