Simon, in the Bible. 1 One of the Maccabees. 2 or Simon Peter: see Peter, Saint. 3 See Simon, Saint. 4 Kinsman of Jesus. 5 Leper of Bethany in whose house a woman anointed Jesus' feet. He may have been the father of Lazarus. 6 Pharisee in whose house Jesus was entertained. 7 Father of Judas Iscariot. 8 See Simon of Cyrene. 9 Tanner of Joppa with whom Peter stayed. 10 See Simon Magus.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Simon from Infoplease:
- Simon: meaning and definitions - Simon: Definition and Pronunciation
- Binet: meaning and definitions - Binet: Definition and Pronunciation
- Antoine Simon - Simon, Antoine Simon, Antoine , 1736–94, French revolutionary, often called “the ...
- Walter Simons - Simons, Walter Simons, Walter , 1861–1937, German jurist and statesman. He served (1919) as ...
- Jules Simon - Simon, Jules Simon, Jules , 1814–96, French statesman. His full name was Jules ...