Shephatiah (shĕfətĪˈə) [key], in the Bible. 1 One of David's mighty men. 2 Chief Simeonite under David. 3 Son of David. 4 Son of Jehoshaphat. 5 Prince in Jeremiah's time. 6 Shephathiah: Benjamite. 7 Judahite. 8, 9 Families of returning exiles.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Shephatiah from Infoplease:
- Abital - Abital Abital , in the Bible, mother of David's son Shephatiah.
- Mattan - Mattan Mattan , in the Bible. 1. Priest of Baal. 2. Father of Shephatiah.
- 1 Chronicles: 3 - Now these were the sons of David, which were born…
- Jeremiah - The Bible Jeremiah Ch. 1: The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of… Ch. 2: Moreover the ...
- 2 Chronicles: 21 - Now Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers, and was…