Rimmon (rĭmˈən) [key], in the Bible. 1 Syrian god. 2 Father of the murderers of Ish-bosheth. 3 Rock, E of Bethel. There the remnants of the Benjamites took refuge after the battle of Gibeah. 4 See En-rimmon. 5 Levitical town, N ancient Palestine, the modern Rummana, Israel, N of Nazareth. It is also called Remmon-methoar and Dimnah.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Rimmon from Infoplease:
- En-rimmon - En-rimmon En-rimmon , in the Bible, place, reoccupied after the Exile. The same is meant by ...
- Gath-rimmon - Gath-rimmon Gath-rimmon , in the Bible. 1. Town, W central ancient Palestine. 2. Town, central ...
- Rimmon - Rimmon A Syrian god, whose seat was Damascus. Him followed Rimmon, whose delightful seat Was fair ...
- Remmon - Remmon Remmon : see En-rimmon.
- Dimnah - Dimnah Dimnah , the same as Rimmon 5.