Nathan (nāˈthən) [key], in the Bible. 1 Court prophet in the time of David and Solomon. He announced the oracle to David concerning his dynasty. He confronted David over David's adultery with Bath-sheba and over her husband's murder. Nathan helped ensure that Solomon would succeed David, subsequently participating in the coronation with Zadok the Priest. 2 Son of David.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Nathan from Infoplease:
- Nathans: meaning and definitions - Nathans: Definition and Pronunciation
- Nathan: meaning and definitions - Nathan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Daniel Nathans - Nathans, Daniel Nathans, Daniel, 1928–99, American microbiologist, b. Wilmington, Del., M.D. ...
- George Jean Nathan - Nathan, George Jean Nathan, George Jean, 1882–1958, American editor and drama critic, b. Fort ...
- Daniel Nathans - Daniel Nathans Age: 71 geneticist and a pioneer in biotechnology who shared the 1978 Nobel Prize in ...