Jerry Lee Lewis
Lewis, Jerry Lee, 1935–, American singer and composer, b. Ferriday, La. Combining country music elements with an energetic performance style, he was an early star of rock music. His songs include "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" and "Great Balls of Fire." Hailed as an innovator and a rowdy old master of rock, he continues to perform and record.
See biography by N. Tosches (1982, repr. 1998).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Jerry Lee Lewis from Infoplease:
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Jerry Lee Lewis rock musician Born: 9/29/1935 Birthplace: Ferriday, Louisiana Rock musician, often ...
- lewis: meaning and definitions - lewis: Definition and Pronunciation
- Otis Blackwell - Otis Blackwell Age: 70 songwriter who penned hits that were made famous by Elvis (“Don't ...
- Sam Phillips - Sam Phillips Age: 80 legendary record producer whose Sun Records in Memphis launched the careers of ...
- Dennis Quaid - Biography of Dennis Quaid, Star of the baseball hero movie The Rookie