Joram (jōˈrəm) [key], in the Bible. 1, 2 Kings of Israel and Judah: see Jehoram1,2. 3 Son of Toi, king of Hamath, sent to congratulate David on the defeat of Hadadezer. An alternate form is Hadoram.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Joram from Infoplease:
- Toi - Toi Toi , in the Bible, king of Hamath, father of Joram 3.
- Zair - Zair Zair , in the Bible, place, associated with Joram's campaign against Edom.
- Hadoram - Hadoram Hadoram , in the Bible. 1. The same as Joram 3. 2. Descendant of Eber. 3. The same as ...
- 2 Kings: 8 - Then spake Elisha unto the woman, whose son he…
- Jehoram - Jehoram Jehoram or Joram, in the Bible. 1. Son of Ahab, king of Israel (c.852–841 B.C.), ...