Jether (jēˈthər) [key], in the Bible. 1 Eldest of Gideon's sons. He was killed by his brother Abimelech. 2 Husband of David's sister Abigail. An alternate form is Ithra. 3 Descendant of Asher. See Ithran1.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Jether from Infoplease:
- Pispah - Pispah Pispah , in the Bible, son of Jether.
- Ithra - Ithra Ithra , variant of Jether 2.
- 1 Chronicles: 2 - These are the sons of Israel; Reuben, Simeon…
- 1 Chronicles: 4 - The sons of Judah; Pharez, Hezron, and Carmi…
- 1 Chronicles: 7 - Now the sons of Issachar were, Tola, and Puah…