Jaazaniah (jāˌāzənĪˈə) [key], in the Bible. 1 Head of a number of idolatrous priests whom Ezekiel saw in a vision. 2 Captain active in the politics of Palestine at the time of the fall of Jerusalem. Alternate forms are Jezaniah and Azariah.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Jaazaniah from Infoplease:
- Jezaniah - Jezaniah Jezaniah , the same as Jaazaniah 2.
- Hoshaiah - Hoshaiah Hoshaiah , in the Bible. 1. A leader at the dedication of the wall. 2. Father of Jaazaniah.
- Azur - Azur Azur , in the Bible. 1. Father of Hananiah 2. 2. Father of Jaazaniah 4.
- Shaphan - Shaphan Shaphan , in the Bible. 1. Trusted secretary of King Josiah. He was the father of friends ...
- Azariah - Azariah Azariah , common name in ancient Israel, especially among the priests. The following ...