Ish-bosheth (ĭsh-bōˈshĕth, ĭsh-bŏshˈĕth) [key], in the Bible, son of Saul, and his would-be successor. An alternate form is Esh-baal. For the relation between the names of this man, see Baal.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ish-bosheth from Infoplease:
- Ish-bosheth: meaning and definitions - Ish-bosheth: Definition and Pronunciation
- Esh-baal - Esh-baal Esh-baal : see Ish-bosheth.
- Helkath-hazzurim - Helkath-hazzurim Helkath-hazzurim , in the Bible, field, where 12 champions of David fought 12 ...
- Baana - Baana Baana or Baanah, in the Bible. 1. Murderer of Ish-bosheth. 2. Father of Heleb. 3. Officer ...
- Rimmon - Rimmon Rimmon , in the Bible. 1. Syrian god. 2. Father of the murderers of Ish-bosheth. 3. Rock, E ...