Ichabod (ĭkˈəbŏd) [key] [Heb., = inglorious], in the Bible, son of Phinehas and grandson of the High Priest Eli. He was born at the hour of the Ark's capture by the Philistines and was named to commemorate the unfortunate event.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ichabod from Infoplease:
- Ichabod: meaning and definitions - Ichabod: Definition and Pronunciation
- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (1949) - Starring Bing Crosby, Basil Rathbone, Eric Blore, Pat O'Malley, John McLeish
- John Quidor - Quidor, John Quidor, John , 1801–81, American painter, b. Tappan, N.Y., studied with J. W. ...
- Christopher GIBSON - Christopher GIBSON (1964-Â ) GIBSON, Christopher, a Representative from New York; born in ...
- The Hollow - Starring Kevin Zegers, Nick Carter, Nick Turturro, Melissa Schuman, Nan Martin