Hymenaeus (hĪmənēˈəs) [key], in the New Testament, Christian denounced by Paul for heresy or apostasy.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Hymenaeus from Infoplease:
- Hymen - Hymen Hymen or Hymenaeus, in Greek mythology, personification of marriage, represented as a ...
- John Donne: Prayer - O ETERNAL and most gracious God, who, though thou beest ever infinite, yet enlargest thyself by the number of our prayers, and takest our often petiti
- 1 Timothy: 1 - Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by…
- 2 Timothy: 2 - Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace…
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names: Biographies.