Huldah (hŭlˈdə) [key], in the Bible, prophetess, consulted by Josiah, King of Judah (640–609 B.C.) on the finding of the Law. She prophesied that divine judgment would fall on Judah, but that Josiah would die in peace before that judgment fell. While the first part of her prophecy was fulfilled, Josiah died in battle.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Huldah from Infoplease:
- Asaiah - Asaiah Asaiah , in the Bible, one of Josiah's deputation to Huldah.
- Tikvah - Tikvah Tikvah or Tikvath, in the Bible. 1. Huldah's father-in-law. 2. Jahaziah's father.
- 2 Kings: 22 - Josiah was eight years old when he began to…
- List of Delegates to the Convention. - Proceeding of an Anti-Slavery Convention of Women Minutes. Corresponding Members. List of Delegates ...
- 2 Chronicles: 34 - Josiah was eight years old when he began to…