Heleb (hēˈlĕb) [key], in the Bible, mighty man. An alternate form is Heled. He may be the captain Heldai in First Chronicles.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Heleb from Infoplease:
- Heled - Heled Heled , the same as Heleb.
- Heldai - Heldai Heldai , in the Bible. 1. See Heleb. 2. Man who was to have a memorial in the temple. An ...
- Baana - Baana Baana or Baanah, in the Bible. 1. Murderer of Ish-bosheth. 2. Father of Heleb. 3. Officer ...
- 2 Samuel: 23 - Now these be the last words of David. David…
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names: Biographies.