Hart, John, 1711?–1779, political leader in the American Revolution, signer of the Declaration of Independence, b. Hopewell Township, N.J. A prosperous farm and mill owner, he was a member of the provincial assembly (1761–71), of several provincial congresses, and of the Continental Congress of 1776. See biography by C. E. Hammond (1977).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on John Hart from Infoplease:
- John HART - John HART (17131779) HART, John, (great-great-great grandfather of John Hart Brewer), a Delegate ...
- The Night Listener - Starring Robin Williams, Toni Collette, Sandra Oh, Joe Morton, Bobby Cannavale
- Nicholas Nickleby - Starring Charlie Hunnam, Jamie Bell, Nathan Lane, Christopher Plummer, Jim Broadbent
- A Home at the End of the World - Starring Colin Farrell, Robin Wright Penn, Dallas Roberts, Sissy Spacek, Matt Frewer
- Declaration of Independence: Signers of the Declaration - Signers of the Declaration Not all the men who helped draw up or voted for the Declaration signed ...