Hall, Edward, 1499?–1547, English chronicler. He wrote The Union of the Noble and Ilustre Famelies of Lancastre and York (1548), usually called Hall's Chronicle. A glorification of the Tudors, it is important for the light it sheds on social life early in the reign of Henry VIII and for the use Shakespeare made of it in his historical plays.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Edward Hall from Infoplease:
- Edward Hall - Edward Hall Age: 91 U.S. Air Force engineer who supervised the development of the country's ...
- chronicle plays - chronicle plays chronicle plays, dramas based upon 16th-century chronicles in English, particularly ...
- G - L - G - L John Kenneth Galbraith Georgia Gibbs Richard Gilman Hassan Gouled Curt Gowdy Edward Hall ...
- 2006-2007 Obie Awards - 2006-2007 Obie Awards from direction to Ross Wetzsteon awards.
- Members of Congress: Oklahoma - Biographies of United States senators and representatives from Oklahoma