Gershom (gûrˈshəm) [key], in the Bible. 1 Moses' first son. 2 See Gershon. 3 One of Ezra's companions.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Gershom from Infoplease:
- Gershom: meaning and definitions - Gershom: Definition and Pronunciation
- Gershon - Gershon Gershon , in the Bible, Levi's first son. An alternate form is Gershom.
- Jahath - Jahath Jahath , in the Bible. 1. Descendant of Gershom. 2. Chief of a Gershonite family. 3. ...
- Walter Benjamin - Benjamin, Walter Benjamin, Walter, 1892–1940, German essayist and critic. He is known for his ...
- Hebrew literature: Medieval Literature - Medieval Literature Commentaries on the Talmud and haggadic material continued to be written until ...