Ezer (ēˈzər) [key], in the Bible. 1 Edomite chief. An alternate form is Ezar. 2 One of Ephraim's sons. 3 Priest at the dedication of the wall. 4 Son of Hur the Judahite. 5 Gadite ally of David. 6 Repairer of the wall.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ezer from Infoplease:
- Romamti-ezer - Romamti-ezer Romamti-ezer , in the Bible, leader of a group of temple singers.
- Eben-ezer - Eben-ezer Eben-ezer [Heb.,=stone of help], in the Bible. 1. Stone set up (near Shen) by Samuel to ...
- Ezar - Ezar Ezar , the same as Ezer 1.
- Chaim Weizmann - Weizmann, Chaim Weizmann, Chaim , 1874–1952, scientist and Zionist leader, first president ...
- R - Z - R - Z Rainier III John Raitt William Rehnquist Peter Rodino Joseph Rotblat Nipsey Russell Herb ...