Eliezer (ēlĪēˈzər, ĕlĪēˈ–) [key], in the Bible. 1 Servant of Abraham. 2 Son of Moses. 3 Prophet who rebuked King Jehoshaphat. 4 Priest under David. 5 Chief Reubenite. 6 Messenger of Ezra. 7 Man in the genealogy in the third chapter of the Gospel of St. Luke.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Eliezer from Infoplease:
- Wiesel: meaning and definitions - Wiesel: Definition and Pronunciation
- Elie Wiesel - Wiesel, Elie Wiesel, Elie, 1928–, American writer, writing in French, b. Sighet, Romania. At ...
- Ben Yehudah: meaning and definitions - Ben Yehudah: Definition and Pronunciation
- Baal Shem-Tov: meaning and definitions - Baal Shem-Tov: Definition and Pronunciation
- El Lissitzky - Lissitzky, El Lissitzky, El (Eliezer Markovich Lissitzky), 1890–1941, Russian painter, ...