Crabb, George, 1778–1851, English writer and philologist. He is known for his Dictionary of English Synonyms (1816) and his History of English Law (1829).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on George Crabb from Infoplease:
- Crabbe: meaning and definitions - Crabbe: Definition and Pronunciation
- Crabb: meaning and definitions - Crabb: Definition and Pronunciation
- George Crabbe - Crabbe, George Crabbe, George, 1754–1832, English poet, b. Aldeburgh, Suffolk. After ...
- Trowbridge - Trowbridge Trowbridge , town (1991 pop. 27,299), Wiltshire, S England. It is a market town and a ...
- synonym - synonym synonym [Gr.,=having the same name], word having a meaning that is the same as or very ...