Cornelius, in the New Testament, centurion of an Italian cohort stationed at Caesarea, one of the first Gentile converts and traditionally first bishop of Caesarea.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Cornelius from Infoplease:
- Cornelius: meaning and definitions - Cornelius: Definition and Pronunciation
- Saint Cornelius - Cornelius, Saint Cornelius, Saint , d. 253, pope (251–253); successor of St. Fabian. His rule ...
- Peter Cornelius - Cornelius, Peter Cornelius, Peter , 1824–74, German composer and poet; follower of Liszt and ...
- Peter von Cornelius - Cornelius, Peter von Cornelius, Peter von, 1783–1867, German painter. He studied at ...
- Delamater: meaning and definitions - Delamater: Definition and Pronunciation