Corinna (kərĭnˈə) [key], fl. c.500? B.C., Greek poet of Tanagra. Her verse, fragments of which remain, deals with mythological themes and is written in Boeotian dialect. There exists no consensus on the date of her poetry, which some place as late as the 2d cent. B.C.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Corinna from Infoplease:
- Jacobi: meaning and definitions - Jacobi: Definition and Pronunciation
- Abraham Jacobi - Jacobi, Abraham Jacobi, Abraham , 1830–1919, American pediatrician, founder of pediatrics in ...
- Gerhard Richter - Painting - Starring Gerhard Richter, Norbert Arns, Hubert Becker, Sabine Moritz-Richter, Konstanze Ell
- Michael Schumacher - Biography of Michael Schumacher, Formula 1 racer with dozens of Grand Prix victories
- Amy Grant - Biography of Amy Grant, The Christian pop singer of the 1991 hit "Baby, Baby"