Cleanthes (klēănˈthēz) [key], 3d cent. B.C., Greek philosopher, head of the Stoic school following Zeno.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Cleanthes from Infoplease:
- Cleanthes: meaning and definitions - Cleanthes: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/cleanthes - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Chrysippus - Chrysippus Chrysippus , c.280–c.207 B.C., Greek Stoic philosopher, b. Soli, Cilicia. He was a ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index cld. -cle Clea clean cleanability clean and jerk clean bill of health clean-cut ...
- Robert Penn Warren - Warren, Robert Penn Warren, Robert Penn, 1905–89, American novelist, poet, and critic, b. ...