Cleanthes (klēănˈthēz) [key], 3d cent. B.C., Greek philosopher, head of the Stoic school following Zeno.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Cleanthes from Infoplease:
- Cleanthes: meaning and definitions - Cleanthes: Definition and Pronunciation
- Chrysippus - Chrysippus Chrysippus , c.280–c.207 B.C., Greek Stoic philosopher, b. Soli, Cilicia. He was a ...
- Robert Penn Warren - Warren, Robert Penn Warren, Robert Penn, 1905–89, American novelist, poet, and critic, b. ...
- April 24 Birthdays: Robert Penn Warren - April 24 birthdays: Robert Penn Warren, Shirley MacLaine, Kelly Clarkson, John R. Pope, Barbra Streisand, Willem de Kooning, Anthony Trollope
- Stoicism - Stoicism Stoicism , school of philosophy founded by Zeno of Citium (in Cyprus) c.300 B.C. The first ...