Cimber (Lucius Tillius Cimber)kĭmˈbər, sĭmˈ–, d. after 44 B.C., one of the assassins of Julius Caesar. He presented the petition that was used as a pretext to approach Caesar and held his hands or his toga as Casca stabbed.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Cimber from Infoplease:
- William Shakespeare: Julius Caesar, Dramatis Personae -
- William Shakespeare: Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene III - 'Caesar, beware of Brutus; take heed of Cassius; come not near Casca; have an eye to Cinna, trust not Trebonius: mark well Metellus Cimber: Decius Bru
- Miriam - Starring Ariana Savalas, Eric Axen, Benjamin Maccabee, Ashlyn Dixon, Joshua Arden
- This Day in History: March 15 - March 15 Yesterday Tomorrow 44 B.C. On the “Ides of March,” Julius Caesar was stabbed ...
- Hundra - Synopsis, rating, and other information