Cain (kān) [key], in the Bible, eldest son of Adam and Eve, a tiller of the soil. In jealousy he killed his brother Abel and became a fugitive.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Cain from Infoplease:
- Caine: meaning and definitions - Caine: Definition and Pronunciation
- cain: meaning and definitions - cain: Definition and Pronunciation
- Bob Cain - Bob Cain Age: 72 left-hander who pitched to dwarf Eddie Gaedel and walked him on four consecutive ...
- Hall Caine - Caine, Hall Caine, Hall (Sir Thomas Henry Hall Caine), 1853–1931, English novelist. Secretary ...
- James Mallahan Cain - Cain, James Mallahan Cain, James Mallahan, 1892–1977, American novelist, b. Annapolis, Md., ...