Bradshaw, George, 1801–53, English map engraver and the originator of railway guides. Bradshaw's Railway Time-Tables, first published in 1839, became Bradshaw's Monthly Railway Guide (first issued 1841). He afterward published The Continental Railway Guide and others.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on George Bradshaw from Infoplease:
- The Bad and the Beautiful - Starring Lana Turner, Kirk Douglas, Walter Pidgeon, Dick Powell, Barry Sullivan
- How to Steal a Million - Starring Audrey Hepburn, Eli Wallach, Peter O'Toole, Charles Boyer
- Bradshaw's Guide - Bradshaw's Guide was started in 1839 by George Bradshaw, printer, in Manchester. The Monthly ...
- A - C - A - C Alvar Aalto Iorwith Wilbur Abel Sir Patrick Abercrombie Henry Carter Adams Alexander Agassiz ...
- Members of Congress: New York - Biographies of United States senators and representatives from New York