Henry Brown Blackwell
Blackwell, Henry Brown, 1825–1909, American reformer, b. Bristol, England; brother of Elizabeth Blackwell. He was an abolitionist and later, with his wife, Lucy Stone, a worker for woman suffrage.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Henry Brown Blackwell from Infoplease:
- Blackwell: meaning and definitions - Blackwell: Definition and Pronunciation
- Alice Stone Blackwell - Blackwell, Alice Stone Blackwell, Alice Stone, 1857–1950, American feminist, b. East Orange, ...
- stone: meaning and definitions - stone: Definition and Pronunciation
- Elizabeth Blackwell - Blackwell, Elizabeth Blackwell, Elizabeth, 1821–1910, American physician, b. England; sister ...
- Lucy Stone - Stone, Lucy Stone, Lucy, 1818–93, reformer and leader in the women's rights movement, b. ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Social Reformers