Anastasia (Anastasia Nikolayevna)ănəstāˈshə nyĭkəlĪˈəfnă, 1901–18, youngest daughter of Czar Nicholas II, last of the Russian czars. She was killed with the rest of her immediate family after the Russian Revolution, but several women later claimed to be her.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Anastasia from Infoplease:
- Anastasia: meaning and definitions - Anastasia: Definition and Pronunciation
- Saint Anastasia - Anastasia, Saint Anastasia, Saint , 4th cent., Roman noblewoman, kind to the poor, martyred under ...
- Anastasia - Anastasia Directors/Producers: Don Bluth and Gary Goldman Writers: Susan Gauthier, Bruce Graham, ...
- Anastasia - Starring Meg Ryan, John Cusack, Kelsey Grammer, Christopher Lloyd, Bernadette Peters
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/anastasia - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus