Ahimelech (əhĭmˈəlĕk) [key], in the Bible. 1 Priest at Nob, brother of, or perhaps the same as, Ahijah2. He befriended David, and Saul had him killed. In some passages his name is reversed with that of his son, Abiathar. 2 Hittite in David's camp.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ahimelech from Infoplease:
- Ahimelech: meaning and definitions - Ahimelech: Definition and Pronunciation
- Achimelech: meaning and definitions - Achimelech: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ahitub - Ahitub Ahitub , in the Bible. 1. Father of Ahimelech 1 and Ahijah 2. 2. Father, or grandfather, of ...
- Abimelech - Abimelech Abimelech , in the Bible. 1. Name or title of a king of Gerar who had various dealings ...
- Abiathar - Abiathar Abiathar , in the Bible, priest, son of Ahimelech, the only one of his family who escaped ...