Adonijah (ădˌənĪˈjə, ədŏnˈəjə) [key], in the Bible, son of David. He sought the throne that David gave to the younger son, Solomon. Perhaps the same as Adonikam, a name in the lists of families.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Adonijah from Infoplease:
- Adonijah: meaning and definitions - Adonijah: Definition and Pronunciation
- Haggith - Haggith Haggith , in the Bible, mother of Adonijah 1.
- Abishag - Abishag Abishag , in the Bible, Shunammite woman, David's attendant in his old age and the ...
- Joab - Joab Joab , in the Bible, son of David's sister Zeruiah and commander of his uncle's ...
- Abiathar - Abiathar Abiathar , in the Bible, priest, son of Ahimelech, the only one of his family who escaped ...