Vespers, Sicilian: see Sicilian Vespers.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Sicilian Vespers from Infoplease:
- Sicilian Vespers: meaning and definitions - Sicilian Vespers: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sicilian Vespers - Sicilian Vespers Sicilian Vespers, in Italian history, name given the rebellion staged by the ...
- Sicilian Vespers - Sicilian Vespers The massacre of the French in Sicily, which began at the hour of vespers on Easter ...
- John of Procida - John of Procida John of Procida , c.1225–c.1302, Italian conspirator, lord of the island of ...
- Martin IV, d. 1285, pope - Martin IV Martin IV, d. 1285, pope (1281–85), a Frenchman named Simon de Brie; successor of ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Italian History