Solyman. For Ottoman sultans thus named, use Sulayman.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Solyman from Infoplease:
- Suleiman I: meaning and definitions - Suleiman I: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sulayman I - Sulayman I Sulayman I or Sulayman the Magnificent,1494–1566, Ottoman sultan (1520–66), ...
- Solyman - Solyman king of the Turks (in Jerusalem Delivered), whose capital was Nice. Being driven from his ...
- Uncalculating Zeal - Fantastic Fables by Ambrose Bierce 122 - The Boneless King A Transposition - 124 Uncalculating Zeal ...
- William Shakespeare: Merchant of Venice, Act II - Mislike me not for my complexion, The shadow'd livery of the burnish'd sun, To whom I am a neighbour and near bred. Bring me the fairest creature nort