Platt Amendment: see Platt, Orville Hitchcock.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Platt Amendment from Infoplease:
- Spanish-American War: Results - Results Peace was arranged by the Treaty of Paris signed Dec. 10, 1898 (ratified by the U.S. ...
- Orville Hitchcock Platt - Platt, Orville Hitchcock Platt, Orville Hitchcock, 1827–1905, U.S. Senator (1879–1905), ...
- Encyclopedia: Cuban History - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Cuban History.
- Isle of Youth - Youth, Isle of Youth, Isle of, Span. Isla de la Juventud, island (1989 est. pop. 71,500), 1,180 sq ...
- protectorate, in international law - protectorate protectorate, in international law, a relationship in which one state surrenders part ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Cuban History