Peraea (pērēˈə) [key], in Roman times, the area E of the Jordan River, between the Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea, and S of the Decapolis.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Peraea from Infoplease:
- Peraea: meaning and definitions - Peraea: Definition and Pronunciation
- Judaea - Judaea Judaea or Judea[Lat. from Judah], region, Greco-Roman name for S Palestine. It varied in ...
- Antonius Felix - Felix, Antonius Felix, Antonius, fl. A.D. 60, Roman procurator of Judaea, Samaria, Galilee, and ...
- Encyclopedia: Ancient History, Rome - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Ancient History, Rome.
- Herod - Herod Herod, dynasty reigning in Palestine at the time of Jesus. As a dynasty the Herods depended ...