Napoleonic Wars, 1803–15, the wars waged by or against France under Napoleon I. For a discussion of them see under Napoleon I.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Napoleonic Wars from Infoplease:
- Napoleonic Wars: meaning and definitions - Napoleonic Wars: Definition and Pronunciation
- NAPOLEONIC WARS - During the French Revolution, France was at war with its neighbors in Europe. These wars resumed in 1800 under the leadership of Napoleon, who was cro
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/napoleonic wars - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- France: Geography, History, Politics, and More - Information on France — map of France, geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, and the national flag.
- Nelson, Horatio Nelson, Viscount: In the Napoleonic Wars - In the Napoleonic Wars Upon the renewal of war (1803), Nelson was given command of the fleet in the ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Wars and Battles