Mysia (mĭshˈēə) [key], ancient region, NW Asia Minor. It was N of Lydia and its coast faced Lesbos. Mysia was not a political unit, and it passed successively to Lydia, Persia, Macedon, Syria, Pergamum, and Rome.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Mysia from Infoplease:
- Mysia: meaning and definitions - Mysia: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cyzicus: meaning and definitions - Cyzicus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Alexandria Troas - Alexandria Troas Alexandria Troas , ancient Greek seaport city, Mysia, NW Asia Minor, called Troas ...
- Assos - Assos Assos or Assus, ancient city, Mysia, NW Asia Minor, on the Gulf of Adramyttium E of Point ...
- Lydia, ancient country, Asia - Lydia Lydia, ancient country, W Asia Minor, N of Caria and S of Mysia (now NW Turkey). The tyrant ...