Long Walls, Greece: see Piraiévs.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Long Walls from Infoplease:
- Piraiévs - Piraiévs Piraiévs or Piraeus, city (1991 pop. 182,671), E central Greece, in Attica, ...
- long-wall mining - long-wall mining: long-wall mining: see coal mining.
- longwall: meaning and definitions - longwall: Definition and Pronunciation
- Athens, city, Greece - Athens Athens , Gr. Athínai, city (1991 pop. 2,907,179; 1991 urban agglomeration pop. ...
- coal mining - coal mining coal mining, physical extraction of coal resources to yield coal; also, the business of ...