Janiculum: see Rome before Augustus under Rome.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Janiculum from Infoplease:
- Janiculum: meaning and definitions - Janiculum: Definition and Pronunciation
- Farnesina - Farnesina Farnesina , villa in Rome, Italy, built (1508–11) by Peruzzi for the banker ...
- Vatican City: Geographic and Political Extent - Geographic and Political Extent The Vatican City is a roughly triangular tract of land within Rome, ...
- Encyclopedia: Ancient History, Rome - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Ancient History, Rome.
- Rome, city, Italy: Rome before Augustus - Rome before Augustus Ancient Rome was built on the east, or left, bank of the Tiber on elevations ...