Helike, city, ancient Greece: see Helice.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Helike from Infoplease:
- Helice - Helice Helice or Helike, ancient city of Achaea, N Peloponnesus, near the mouth of the Selinous ...
- Amalthea - Amalthea Amalthea, Jupiter's innermost satellite, was discovered in 1892. It is so ...
- Encyclopedia: Ancient History, Greece - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Ancient History, Greece.
- Jupiter, in astronomy: Its Moons and Rings - Its Moons and Rings At least 63 natural satellites orbit Jupiter. They are conveniently divided ...
- Homer, Andrew Lang, M.A., Walter Leaf, Litt.D., Ernest Myers, M.A.: How Achilles made havoc among the men of Troy. - So by the beaked ships around thee, son of Peleus, hungry for war, the Achaians armed; and over against them the men of Troy, upon the high ground of