British East Africa
British East Africa, inclusive historical term for several former British dependencies, especially Kenya, Uganda, Tanganyika, and Zanzibar.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on British East Africa from Infoplease:
- British East Africa: meaning and definitions - British East Africa: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kampala - Kampala Kampala , city (2002 pop. 1,189,142), capital of Uganda, on Lake Victoria. It is ...
- Mombasa - Mombasa Mombasa , city (1990 est. pop. 537,000), capital of Coast prov., SE Kenya, mostly on ...
- Isak Dinesen - Dinesen, Isak Dinesen, Isak , pseud. of Baroness Karen Blixen,1885–1962, Danish author, who ...
- Lugard, Frederick John Dealtry Lugard, 1st Baron - Lugard, Frederick John Dealtry Lugard, 1st Baron Lugard, Frederick John Dealtry Lugard, 1st Baron , ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: African History