British Cameroons: see Nigeria, Federation of; Cameroon, Republic of.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on British Cameroons from Infoplease:
- British Cameroons: meaning and definitions - British Cameroons: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cameroons: meaning and definitions - Cameroons: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cameroons, former German colony - Cameroons Cameroons, Fr. Cameroun, Ger. Kamerun, former German colony, W Africa, on the Gulf of ...
- Bornu - Bornu Bornu , former Muslim state, mostly in NE Nigeria, extending S and W of Lake Chad. It began ...
- Bakassi - Bakassi Bakassi , peninsula, c.400 sq mi (1,000 sq km), on the Cameroon-Nigeria border, at the SE ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: African History