apostolic delegate: see legate.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on apostolic delegate from Infoplease:
- legate - legate legate [Lat. legare=to send], one sent as a representative of a state or of some high ...
- apostolic delegate: meaning and definitions - apostolic delegate: Definition and Pronunciation
- nuncio: meaning and definitions - nuncio: Definition and Pronunciation
- Arthur Hinsley - Hinsley, Arthur Hinsley, Arthur, 1865–1943, English prelate, cardinal of the Roman Catholic ...
- Pietro Gasparri - Gasparri, Pietro Gasparri, Pietro , 1852–1934, Italian churchman, cardinal of the Roman ...