pixie, in English folklore, spirit or fairy. The pixie is commonly represented as a mischievous imp who delights in flustering young maidens and leading travelers astray.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on pixie from Infoplease:
- pixie: meaning and definitions - pixie: Definition and Pronunciation
- pixy: meaning and definitions - pixy: Definition and Pronunciation
- The Pixies - Biography of The Pixies, The band who recorded "Monkey Gone to Heaven"
- Pixies - Pixies (2 syl.). The Devonshire Robin Goodfellows; said to be the spirits of infants who have died ...
- Colt-pixy - Colt-pixy (A). A pixy, puck, or fairy. To colt-pixy is to take what belongs to the pixies, and is ...