oread (ōrˈēădˌ) [key]: see nymph.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on oread from Infoplease:
- oread: meaning and definitions - oread: Definition and Pronunciation
- nymph, in Greek mythology - nymph nymph , in Greek mythology, female divinity associated with various natural objects. It is ...
- Oread - Oread (plural, Oreads [3 syl.] or Orcades [4 syl.]). Nymphs of the mountains. (Greek, a mountain.) ...
- Classical Mythology: The Good-Time God: Pan - Greek God Pan and creatures satyrs, silens, and nymphs Dryads, Hamadryads, Meliae, Naiads, and Oreads.
- fairy ring: meaning and definitions - fairy ring: Definition and Pronunciation