Lycomedes (lĪˌkəmēˈdēz) [key]: see Achilles; Theseus.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Lycomedes from Infoplease:
- Theseus - Theseus Theseus , in Greek mythology, hero of Athens; son of either King Aegeus or Poseidon. Before ...
- Achilles - Achilles Achilles , in Greek mythology, foremost Greek hero of the Trojan War, son of Peleus and ...
- Skíros - Skíros Skíros or Scyros, island (1991 pop. 2,901), c.80 sq mi (210 sq km), E Greece, ...
- Classical Mythology: Don't Try This at Home! - Achilles mother Thetis' abandonment of him and father Peleus, who tries to prevent Achilles from fighting in Trojan War.
- Classical Mythology: Midlife Crisis: The Abduction of Helen - Classic Mythology figure Theseus pursues Zeus' daughter Helen and helps friend Peirithous pursue Persephone.