dryads: see nymph.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on dryads from Infoplease:
- dryad: meaning and definitions - dryad: Definition and Pronunciation
- nymph, in Greek mythology - nymph nymph , in Greek mythology, female divinity associated with various natural objects. It is ...
- Dryads - Dryads Nymphs of the trees. (Greek, drus, any forest tree.) They were supposed to live in the trees ...
- Classical Mythology: The Good-Time God: Pan - Greek God Pan and creatures satyrs, silens, and nymphs Dryads, Hamadryads, Meliae, Naiads, and Oreads.
- hamadryad: meaning and definitions - hamadryad: Definition and Pronunciation