chromatic scale, in music: see scale.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on chromatic scale from Infoplease:
- chromatic scale: meaning and definitions - chromatic scale: Definition and Pronunciation
- di: meaning and definitions - di: Definition and Pronunciation
- trombone - trombone trombone [Ital.,=large trumpet], brass wind musical instrument of cylindrical bore, twice ...
- harp - harp harp, stringed musical instrument of ancient origin, the strings of which are plucked with the ...
- key, in music - key. key. 1. In music, term used to indicate the scale from which the tonal material of a given ...